My Parents' House Was Haunted

You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Parents' House Was Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

One night I was taking a hot shower and had the bathroom window which was above the tub open a little to get some steam out. There was fresh fallen snow and as I turned off the water, I heard crunching in the snow. I looked out of the window and there was a teenage boy running through our backyard with only a denim jacket instead of a coat. I dried off and got into my pajamas quickly and went in the kitchen and told my parents. My father went outside with a flashlight to see who it may be and came in very pale. My mother and I asked him what was wrong he told us there were no footprints in the snow. Knowing I would not make such a thing up, my mother told me I saw my first ghost.

I had never been afraid of my basement when I was young but gradually, as I got closer to my 20's, I started to feel uneasy down there, as if someone was watching me and didn't like me. My sisters got the same feeling as did my mother. My brother and father didn't feel anything.

At the time my mother became a member of a psychic group and encouraged me to join. Basically the leaders of the group were teaching us how to meditate and bring out our gifts. To make a long story short, we had a ghost hunt at the house and the spirit in the basement didn't like women... Especially me. One night my sister and her friend were at the house, nobody else but me. I went to the basement to do a load of laundry and as I was going up the steps I felt the spirit watching as I got to the top of the stairs I couldn't open the door. The only lock was a flimsy sliding one that was put up because I was a sleepwalker a few years before and had walked into the basement. I put my shoulder into it and couldn't get it open it. I felt something approaching so I slammed my body into the flimsy plywood door with a frame and it felt like I hit a brick wall. Finally I said, "God, please help me" and the door opened when I turned the knob. I thought my sister and her friend were playing a trick on me but I would have heard them laughing and running away. They were outside having a cigarette and my sister's friend was freaked out when I told them what happened.

My sister started a "band" with a friend of mine and a friend of his. They would practice in our basement. One night they were practicing and, as usual, I would hang out with them. We went upstairs to take a break and my mother and I told the boys about the ghost in the basement. The guys were like yeah right. When they went back downstairs to continue to practice they came running back up the stairs. When we asked them what was wrong they said that all the instruments had been moved and they weren't going back down to pack up unless I went with them. They packed up and didn't practice in our basement again.

The house was still haunted. My son WhiteWolf spent the night there several times and each time he was touched. Years ago we were told that our house was a window for spirits to come into and leave this realm. It kind of makes sense as we had an underground stream under the back of the house and plenty of quartz crystals in the yard.

After my parents died my younger sister lived in the house until the county was going to take it for non-payment of taxes. She did a short sale and the man who bought it renovated it to flip it. I have no idea if he knows it's haunted because my sister never told him and I never met him to tell him.

Sorry for this being so long but I hope that you enjoyed my story.

Regards

RedWolf

Other hauntings by RedWolf

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RedWolf, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read the FAQ at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php#publishers.


View the original article here

Blogger Widgets

Categories

13foot (1) Abductions (1) Abilities (2) About (3) accident (1) Activity (4) Addie (2) Advanced (1) after (1) Again (1) Agers (1) Airlines (1) Album (1) Aliens (5) All (11) Allergies (1) Alternate (1) Amazing (1) America (1) Angelic (1) Angels (1) Angikuni (1) Announcing (1) Anomaly (1) Antietam (1) Anunnaki (1) Appeared (1) Arrest (1) Arrests (1) Artifact (1) assistance (1) Astonishing (1) Astral (1) Autoren (1) Awakens (1) Barton (2) Bedroom (3) Before (1) beings (1) Believe (1) berhaupt (1) Bermuda (1) Between (1) Beware (2) Bigfoot (1) Bizarre (1) BIZARRE (1) Black (2) BlackEyed (1) Blanks (1) Blocked (1) Bones (1) Borden (2) Bowen (2) Brazil (1) Brian (2) Bringing (1) Britain (2) British (1) Brothers (1) BrownieCamera (1) Buell (1) Building (1) built (1) California (1) Calls (1) Camera (4) Cancer (1) Canine (1) captured (1) Captured (2) captures (1) Carolina (1) Casting (1) cattle (1) Caught (6) Celebrity Ghost Stories (4) Channel (1) Chemical (1) Chicken (1) Children (3) Chupacabras (1) Cicada (1) Circles (1) Civil (1) cloak (1) Closely (1) clowns (1) Coming (1) Commotion (1) Communicate (1) Compelling (1) Conduct (1) connections (1) Conscious (1) Conspiracy (1) Consumers (1) Contact (1) Controlled (1) Court (1) Cover (2) Coverup (1) CoverUp (1) Crashed (1) Creature (1) Creepy (1) Crescent (1) Croglin (1) Curse (1) Dakota (1) Darkness (1) Death (1) DEATH (1) Decay (1) DeGeneres (1) Demolish (1) Demon (1) Demonic (1) Departed (1) Destroy (2) Diagnosed (1) Disappearance (1) Disappearing (2) Disclosures (1) discovered (1) Discovering (1) Discovery (1) DOC (1) Documentary (1) Doomed (1) Doppelgnger (1) Dowsers (1) Dreams (1) Driver (1) Dropa (1) Drunk (1) Earth (2) Easily (1) Eerie (1) Electrifying (1) Ellacoya (1) Encounter (2) Enlightenment (1) Enthralling (1) Entities (1) Erotic (1) Establishments (1) Eventually (1) EXGhost (1) Exorcisms (1) Experience (2) Experiences (3) Experiment (2) Extraterrestrial (2) Facebook (1) Fairy (1) Falling (1) Familys (1) Famous (2) Ferry (1) Festival (1) Fiction (1) Figures (2) Filmed (1) First (2) Flight (2) Footage (1) Footsteps (1) Force (2) Forever (1) Forget (1) Forgotten (1) Formation (1) found (1) Frequency (1) Friendly (1) Genie (1) Genuine (2) Getting (1) Ghost (11) Ghost Hunting Kit (6) Ghostly (1) Ghosts (2) Giant (1) Giants (1) Gilford (1) glimpse (1) Global (1) Glowed (1) Goblins (1) Going (2) Grange (1) Great (3) Greatest (1) Green (1) Greenteeth (1) Guardians (1) Guidepost (1) Gypsy (1) Halloween (1) Hampshire (1) Harnois (2) Harpers (1) Harpy (2) Haunted (17) Health (1) heaven (1) Heeled (1) Herbs (1) Highway (1) Himalayan (1) History (1) Historys (1) Hooded (1) Horrifying (1) Horror (1) hospital (1) Hound (1) House (9) Human (3) Hunter (2) Hunters (1) Hunting (1) Hurons (1) Husbands (1) Illuminati (1) Images (1) Implications (1) Increase (1) India (1) Indian (1) Inevitable (1) Information (1) inside (1) Inspire (1) Inspired (1) Inspires (1) Intelligence (1) Intensify (1) Interpret (1) Investigate (1) Investigation (2) invisibility (1) Island (3) Issue (1) Japan (1) Jenny (1) Jersey (1) Judgement (1) Julia (1) Jumping (1) Jumps (1) Junkyard (1) Kentucky (1) Killer (1) Kinnaree (1) Kinnari (1) Knocking (1) Lakes (1) LavenderSmoke (1) Lawsuit (2) Ledge (1) Legends (2) Levitated (1) Lifetime (1) Lighthouse (1) Lightning (1) lives (1) Lives (1) Living (2) Lizard (1) Lizzie (2) Locations (1) London (2) Louise (1) Louisiana (1) lunch (1) Malaysian (1) Mansion (3) March (1) Market (1) Martians (1) Matters (1) Matthews (1) Medium (1) Member (1) Mental (1) Metaphysical (1) MH370 (2) Minds (2) Missing (1) Mississippi (1) Monster (1) Monsters (1) Mound (1) movie (2) Multidimensional (1) Murder (1) MurderSuicide (2) Museum (1) Mysteries (4) Mystery (2) Mystics (1) Myths (1) Nephilim (1) Network (1) Newsletter (1) Nibiru (2) Noisy (1) North (1) Nurses (1) Occult (1) Offering (1) Officer (2) Okkultismus (1) Olympics (1) Operations (1) Oppression (1) Orbital (1) Osbourne (1) Ouija (1) OutofBody (1) Outside (1) Pancreatic (1) Paparazzi (1) Parallel (1) Parallels (1) paranormal (16) Parents (1) Pathway (1) Patrick (1) Pegasus (1) Pennsylvania (2) People (1) Percent (1) Phenomenon (1) Philadelphia (2) Phone (1) photo (1) Photographer (1) Pizza (1) Places (2) Planet (1) Playground (1) Police (1) Poltergeist (3) Pontefract (1) Possibility (1) Power (2) Premiering (1) Premiers (1) Premonitions (1) Project (1) Projection (1) Proof (2) Prove (1) Proved (1) prowl (1) Psychic (6) PSYCHIC (1) Public (1) Pyramid (1) Quantum (1) Quickly (1) Quotes (1) Radically (1) READER (5) Reading Corner (3) Realities (1) Really (2) Reciprocating (1) Reigns (1) Reincarnation (1) Remember (1) REPORT (4) Reportedly (1) Reports (1) Retired (3) Reveal (1) Reynolds (1) rhinitis (1) Roswell (3) Sallie (2) savior (1) Scanners (2) Schizophrenics (1) Schoolgirl (1) Scientists (2) scifi (1) Seance (1) SECRET (3) Secrets (2) Sellers (1) Sensitivities (1) Serial (1) Shadow (1) Shiloh (1) Ships (1) Shooting (1) Shows (2) Sighting (1) Sightings (1) sights (1) Signs (1) Skeptics (1) skies (1) Slender (1) Slightly (1) Slinky (1) Smart (1) Smoke (1) Smoking (1) Snakes (1) Soldiers (1) Sought (1) Sounding (1) South (3) Soviet (1) Spain (1) Specter (1) Spell (1) Spells (1) Spirit (5) Spirits (1) Spiritual (1) Spirituality (1) Spring (2) States (1) Steps (1) Stonehenge (2) Stones (1) Store (1) Story (2) Strange (2) Street (1) streets (1) Student (1) Submission (2) Succubus (1) Suicide (2) Sumerian (1) Summer (1) Supernatural (1) Sweet (1) Tales (1) Techniques (1) Technology (1) teleporter (1) Television (1) Terrance (1) Terrestrial (1) Theoretical (1) Theories (1) Theory (1) These (1) Thoughts (1) Titanic (1) Topics (1) Tours (1) Touted (2) Trail (1) Travel (4) Triangle (1) Truth (1) Twoheaded (1) Uncle (1) Universe (1) Universes (1) University (1) unraveled (1) Using (1) Vampire (1) Vandal (1) vasomotor (1) Video (11) Views (1) Village (1) Visit (1) Visited (1) Voice (1) Voodoo (1) Vortexes (1) Wandering (1) WannaBe (1) Wants (1) Warming (1) WARNING (2) Watch (1) Weaken (1) Weather (1) Welcome (1) Welles (1) Werewolf (1) Widow (1) Witch (1) WITHOUT (1) Wolff (1) wollten (1) Woman (1) Works (1) World (3) Worlds (2) Wrongful (1) Young (1) Yours (1)

Blog Archive

Search This Blog

Are You Ready